- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DMX has been admitted to a New York hospital following a reported drug overdose.
The 50-year-old rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, N.Y., on Friday night after experiencing a heart attack triggered by the OD, TMZ reports.
On Saturday, DMX’s representatives confirmed to Billboard that the rapper is currently hospitalized, and as of Saturday night, DMX is on life support, reps said.
A source tells TMZ that the Yonkers-bred MC — who has a long history with drug abuse — has “some brain activity,” while another source says he’s in a “vegetative state.”
In early 2019, DMX was released from a West Virginia prison after serving a one-year sentence for federal tax evasion. Later that year, he canceled a series of scheduled live performances and checked himself into rehab for substance abuse.
The rapper’s decades-long career includes 15 visits to the Billboard Hot 100.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.com.
April 4, 8:21 a.m. Updated with rep confirming the rapper is on life support.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day