- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cohen Media Group has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Drake Doremus’ Breathe In, which premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
It is slated for a late 2013 theatrical release.
The film follows a family in a small upstate New York town whose world is turned upside-down with the arrival of a British exchange student.
Felicity Jones, who also starred in Doremus’ film Like Crazy, plays the 18-year-old British student, who catches the eye of the patriarch of her host family, played by Guy Pearce. Amy Ryan stars as the wife of Pearce’s character.
Jonathan Schwartz and Andrea Sperling of Super Crispy Entertainment produced, along with Steven Rales and Mark Roybal of Indian Paintbrush, which also financed the film.
Breathe In was the third of Doremus’ films to play at the Sundance Film Festival. His previous film Like Crazy, starring Jones, Jennifer Lawrence and Anton Yelchin, won the Grand Jury Prize in 2011, and his film Douchebag competed in the dramatic competition in 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day