- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ed Sheeran has tested positive for COVID-19.
In a statement shared on his social media Sunday, the musician revealed the diagnosis and, as a result, said he will be self-isolating and carrying on with scheduled interviews and performances virtually.
“Hey guys. Quick note to tell you that I’ve sadly tested positive for Covid, so I’m now self-isolating and following government guidelines. It means that I’m now unable to plough ahead with any in person commitments for now, so I’ll be doing as many of my planned interviews/performances I can from my house. Apologies to anyone I’ve let down. Be safe everyone x,” he wrote on Instagram.
The news comes just days before Sheeran’s fourth studio album releases on Oct. 29. His recent singles “Bad Habits” and “Shivers” have ranked No. 2 and No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. Last month, Sheeran announced the dates for the first leg of his 2022 stadium tour.
Sheeran was also set to appear as a musical guest on Saturday Night Live on Nov. 6. This week, he serves as a mega mentor on NBC’s The Voice.
See his statement below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now