- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Radio personality Ellen K has announced she’s departing iHeartMedia-owned top 40 radio giant KIIS-FM Los Angeles after 25 years on the station. The broadcaster — who is also the co-host of the syndicated On Air With Ryan Seacrest — will launch her own morning show on iHeartMedia sister adult contemporary station KOST Los Angeles.
The Ellen K Morning Show on KOST 103.5 will debut on Oct. 19 at 6 a.m. She broke the news live on air during Wednesday’s (Oct. 7) episode of On Air With Ryan Seacrest.
Ellen K began her radio career with a college internship at WXUS in Lafayette, Ind. She joined KIIS in 1990 working with radio legend Rick Dees on his morning show Rick Dees in the Morning. After Dees departed KIIS in 2004, Seacrest took over KIIS’ morning duties and retained Ellen K as a co-host.
“For 12 years, you have been the constant in my life …,” Seacrest said to Ellen K on his Oct. 7 show. “It’s bittersweet for me.”
Ellen K has also been the voice of the Grammy Awards, People’s Choice Awards and will be the voice of the upcoming 88th Academy Awards on Feb. 28, 2016.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day