- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an interview airing Friday on ABC’s 20/20, Elton John and his partner David Furnish confirm that Lady Gaga is the godmother of their four-month-old son, Zachary.
“Yes, yes, she is,” John says. “When you get to the real person under there, there’s a real simple person under there who loves her parents.”
Furnish says their son is “going to inherit an incredible musical legacy from his father one day, and she will be a good person to guide him through the ins and outs of the music business, ’cause she sure knows everything about the business now.”
Gaga had been rumored to be the child’s godmother, but neither John nor Furnish confirmed rumors.
When John hosted SNL earlier this month, he joked about the speculation. “For those of you concerned that we are unusual parents, do not worry. It’s not like we are the only two people involved in the child’s life. His godmother is Lady Gaga. That’s true, that’s not a joke … which is ironic because I’ve always said that Mars ain’t the kind of place to raise your kids. And Gaga loves Mars. She says Mars has good schools and great discos.”
John opened the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival this week with his doc (directed by Cameron Crowe), The Union.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day