- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Finally, the enmity between two globally famous pop stars appears to be over.
During a chat with Extra‘s Terri Seymour, Elton John dismissed the idea that his long-documented public sniping with Madonna is still on, deeming the whole thing “over and done with.” And it was all apparently settled civilly by buying dinner at a French restaurant.
STORY: Elton John Vs. Madonna: The 5 Best Insults Over the Years
“We were in a restaurant in France in the summertime. She came in, and I sent over a note. She was very gracious. I apologized profusely because what I said should never have appeared in public,” John told Extra. “She accepted our apology, and then we bought her dinner. That’s over and done with.”
Last August, Madonna indicated that the feud — which included John deeming the Material Girl a “fairground stripper” and a spat over Lady Gaga‘s music — was ending when she dedicated a song to the “Saturday Night’s Alright (for Fighting)” singer.
Watch the Elton John clip here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day