- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
During his thunderous Grammy performance Sunday night, Eminem wore a necklace that featured the Sobriety Circle & Triangle Symbol used by Alcoholics Anonymous.
The equilateral triangle represents the three-part answer – unity, recovery and service – to a three-part disease – physical, mental and spiritual, while the circle represents wholeness or oneness.
Eminem – who took home two Grammys, rap album and rap solo – has dedicated his latest album, Recovery, to addictions he overcame.
In addition to battling alcohol, he has said that at one point, he was taking up to 20 pills a day, including Vicodin, Valium, Ambien and Methadone.
He has credited his children – daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney – for his recovery.
“I love them so much and they’ve helped me through so many things,” he told the New York Times last year.
Added the rapper (who sees a rehab counselor once a week): “I think I’ve calmed down a bit. My overall look on things is a lot more mature than it used to be.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day