- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“My baby girl keeps getting older. I watch her grow up with pride,” Eminem sings in “Hailie’s Song,” the ode to his daughter from 2002’s The Eminem Show.
With an impressive list of achievements, the rapper is surely proud of his 18-year-old daughter, Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, who graduated with honors from Chippewa Valley High School in Clinton Township, Mich., earlier this month.
In addition to such extracurricular activities as the National Honor Society, art club, volleyball and student council, Eminem’s daughter with ex-wife Kimberly Mathers also received an Academic Excellence Award and graduated summa cum laude, a distinction given to students who maintain at least a 3.9 GPA, according to ABC News. She was also named homecoming queen last year.
In the Chippewa Valley High School newsletter, Hailie cited her parents as the most influential people in her life, writing, “My mother and father are, because they have pushed me to be the person I am and have given me all the support to achieve what I have.”
Hailie plans to attend Michigan State University, in East Lansing, where she’ll pursue psychology or entrepreneurship.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day