- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British R&B singer Estelle is rumored to be Simon Cowell’s new pick for The X Factor UK judges panel. She would replace former Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland, who reportedly wants to focus on her music career back in the states.
This would bring The X Factor UK judges panel back to a nearly all British collection — with the exception of Irish music manager Louis Walsh. The judges who have been asked back include singer-songwriter Gary Barlow from Cheshire, and Tulisa Contostavlos, who is one third of the hip hop group N-Dubz from Camden Town.
Cowell is reportedly in talks with the soulful singer about the possibility of joining the ITV1 show for auditions, which begin in May. Estelle is currently wrapping up a US tour that concludes March 5.
Cowell previously, however, admitted that he is fond of the idea of Cheryl Cole returning to the judges panel. An X Factor spokesperson said in a statement that the show’s team had not yet been decided.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day