- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
All throughout season 13, Caleb Johnson drew comparisons to his rock doppelganger Marvin Lee Aday, otherwise known as Meat Loaf.
Shortly after his American Idol win, there were plenty of kudos to Meat Loaf on his Facebook page.
“Some of you guys are funny,” he wrote. “I’ve had a lot of congratulations messages and tweets for MY American Idol win!!!”
He then praised the 23-year-old singer from North Carolina: “But jokes aside, let me take a second to really congratulate Caleb Johnson. It’s great to see him tearing it up and putting some real rock ‘n’ roll back on prime time TV! Congratulations Caleb, GOOD LUCK and don’t you ever stop rockin’’!”
Earlier in the week, Johnson joked that he and runner-up Jena Irene would make a movie more like The Rocky Horror Picture Show than From Justin to Kelly.
Asked if he would sing “Hot Patootie, Bless My Soul,” the song Meat Loaf sang as Eddie in the horror musical, Johnson said he would: “I love that song!”
Johnson’s record, already available for pre-order, is due Aug. 12 on iTunes. He is slated to appear on Live! With Kelly and Michael and will sing the National Anthem at PBS’s 25th National Memorial Day Concert.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day