- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Motorhead guitarist Edward Allan Clarke — aka “Fast” Eddie Clarke — died peacefully Wednesday night after being treated for pneumonia. He was 67.
The official Motorhead Facebook page shared the news in a post. “We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight … Edward Allan Clarke – or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke – passed away peacefully yesterday,” the band wrote. “Ted Carroll (who formed Chiswick Records) made the sad announcement via his FB page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia…”
Fellow band member Mikkey Dee responded to the news. “I saw Eddie not too long ago and he was in great shape. So this is a complete shock,” he said, before adding his condolences to Eddie’s “family and close ones.”
“Just heard the sad news that Fast Eddie Clark has passed away,” guitarist Phil Campbell said in the statement. “Such a shock, he will be remembered for his iconic riffs and was a true rock and roller. RIP Eddie.”
Read the official post from the Motorhead Facebook page below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day