- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Feb. 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
“Parties aren’t supposed to be fun, right?” said Jack Antonoff, Grammy winner for his work on Taylor Swift’s album 1989, as he marveled at the music giants gathered at the Beverly Hilton for Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammy gala.
The 2016 edition, held Feb. 14, honored manager Irving Azoff with a Salute to Industry Icons award and featured performances by Beck (with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic), Barry Manilow (in his first appearance following a brief hospitalization), newcomers Tori Kelly, Elle King and Fetty Wap, and Carly Simon, who performed “You’re So Vain.”
While some stars were across town for the Jimmy Iovine-Liberty Ross wedding, Davis was unfazed. “This will be a lifetime memory for all those who are there.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day