- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After years off of the radar, developments tend to come pretty fast and furious for Fiona Apple. The 34-year-old singer’s recently confirmed fourth studio album, The Idler Wheel…, was announced on just a few months’ notice — and ahead of the release, she’s posted the first official track on her website.
“Every Single Night,” which she previously performed in March at South by Southwest and during her small tour, is one of 10 new tracks off the album and marks her first proper solo recording since Extraordinary Machine came out in 2005.
Punctuated by strings and an almost lullaby keyboard, it recalls her previous efforts until she breaks into something of a tribal chant for the chorus.
The album (full title: The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do) arrives June 19 on Epic records.
Listen to “Every Single Night” below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day