- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fiona Apple sightings are few and far between, especially in the last six-plus years — that’s how long it’s been since the singer last released an album then promptly retreated from public life. But according to Epic Records chairman LA Reid, that’s about to change.
“Lots of good music coming from @Epic_Records in the next few weeks… Welcome back Fiona!” the veteran executive and X Factor judge tweeted. For confirmation, a follower asked for Fiona clarification to which Reid replied, “YES Fiona Apple!”
Since breaking out in 1997 with the ahead-of-its-time hit “Criminal,” which came complete with heroin-chic-flavored video (see below), Apple has developed a devout cult following despite little output (her last album, 2005’s Extraordinary Machine, sold 500,000 copies but fizzled fairly quickly). Still, the singer made reference to having completed an album at a recent appearance at Los Angeles’ Largo, where she accompanied longtime producer and venue regular Jon Brion.
Reid revealed no further details in his Twitter feed, but we can can anticipate his future comments now: that it will be epic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day