- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
(Disclaimer: in honor of the title of Fiona Apple‘s forthcoming album, the paragraphs in this news story will all include exactly 23 words.)
Fiona Apple revealed all 23 words of the title of her long-awaited fourth studio album on Wednesday (Mar. 7). Here’s the full title:
“The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do.”
The album name isn’t the first time Apple has dabbled with impossibly long titles: her sophomore title, “When The Pawn…,” included 90 words!
After multiple delays, the follow-up to 2005’s Extraordinary Machine is believed to be due out in late June on Epic, according to Pitchfork.
Last month, the singer-songwriter announced a six-date March tour that kicks off on Mar. 19, following a performance at SXSW on Mar. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day