- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third day of Firefly 2015 ended early with a forced evacuation due to severe weather in Dover, Delaware, just before 10 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 20.
As raindrops began to fall and lightning shot across the sky, festival-goers were ushered out of the forested grounds due to a massive storm that hung over the festival for the second half of the day.
Those camping just outside festival grounds were urged to “seek shelter in their vehicles,” according to a Firefly rep.
Saturday night performer Kid Cudi‘s set was cut off after five songs. Two minutes later, someone took the microphone and urged festival-goers to evacuate, stating, “It’s in your best interests to leave.”
Despite the premature close, the crowd was in high spirits as they left, cheering each lightning bolt, tweeting and singing “Bohemian Rhapsody” on the way out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day