- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When the news of legendary Beatles producer George Martin’s death broke late Tuesday night, there was understandable confusion with another famous George Martin: Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin. But the writer reassured fans in a blog post Wednesday (March 9) that he’s “not dead yet.”
GoT mastermind Martin also penned a sweet remembrance of Sir George as a Beatles fan and admirer. “He will be missed,” he wrote. “I never met Sir George (I did meet Paul McCartney once, for about a minute, while waiting for the valet to bring my rental car up at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills), but like many millions of others, I loved the Beatles, and Martin’s contribution to their music is worthy of recognition and honor.”
Martin was also touched by the outpouring of love he received from confused fans. “While it is strangely moving to realize that so many people around the world care so deeply about my life and death, I have to go with Mark Twain and insist that the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”
Read the full blog post here.
George Martin — often called “The Fifth Beatle” — died Tuesday at age 90. Martin holds the record for most No. 1 hits by a producer on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day