- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s been a year since George Michael’s passing on Christmas Day 2016, and on Monday, his family paid tribute to the late singer with a message on Michael’s official website.
“This Christmas will be hard without him, but we know that we are not alone in our mourning the anniversary of his loss, and that the sadness of our wider family, and true friends, is shared by many of you,” the statement reads.
“Yog, who loved Christmas, and always hoped it would snow…would want each of you that admired and loved him, (yes — he knows you did!!) to take a moment, raise a glass, enjoy his music and think of him fondly, making sure to enjoy your time with and appreciate your family and friends,” it continued.
“So if you can, in his memory this year, take a moment and a deep breath and say those ‘I Love You’s’ out loud. We all think there is time, don’t we? — but, just maybe, it’s later than you think….”
Michael died Dec. 25, 2016. Read the full message here.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Courage World Tour