- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionel Richie is the first confirmed performer for the 2015 Glastonbury Festival.
Richie, who was recently named a Legend of Live at the 2014 Billboard Touring Awards, will make his debut U.K. festival appearance in the Sunday teatime slot on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury, according to the event’s website. The festival takes place June 24-28 and is already sold out. The full lineup will be announced in the spring.
“We are over the moon,” Glastonbury organizer Emily Eavis said in a statement. “We’ve had some amazing performances in the Sunday teatime slot over the years, from Neil Diamond, Shirley Bassey, Paul Simon and many others. And, of course, Dolly Parton played an incredible set this year. So we felt very lucky to get the call from a true Motown legend asking to play next year. He’s got so many amazing songs, to see him perform here on the farm is just going to be wonderful.”
Glastonbury 2014 featured performances by Arcade Fire, Metallica, Jack White, Massive Attack, Parton, Ed Sheeran, the Black Keys, Robert Plant, Skrillex, Lana Del Rey and many others.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day