- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Governors Ball site at Randall’s Island in New York has been evacuated due to a severe storm passing through.
Earlier in the day, the fest was postponed due to inclement weather. But as the weather worsened, organizers were forced to shut down the show.
The Gov Ball team issued a “festival evacuation” message on social media. “Due to approaching severe weather an evacuation is in effect. Please proceed to the nearest exit,” it reads.
Artists scheduled to perform Sunday included Nas, SZA and headliners The Strokes, whose set was affected by the downpour.
Meanwhile, hip-hop fans who gathered for the annual Hot 97 Summer Jam at MetLife Stadium were made to wait half an hour until the worst of the weather passed. “Thank you for your patience. Follow the instructions of the authorities and return to your seats for Cardi,” read a message posted by the Hot 97 team.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day