- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Lady Gaga wore a surreal latex and fishnet custom Chanel creation to the 2012 Grammys. But NIcki Minaj, who is now working with Gaga’s former creative director, was wearing a very Gaga-esque Donatella Versace voluminous red hooded gown on the red carpet.
Minaj was also escorted on the red carpet by a chap dressed as a white clad Pope or Bishop or some such high ranking Catholic Church dude. Frankly, we don’t think that he had enough glitz to be classified as a Pope.
Minaj proceeded to do a very controversial religious performance during the Grammys, complete with handcuffs, stained glass and a choir. All remarkable similar to Gaga’s Madonna-based religious oeuvre.
Gaga’s Gothic Horror-inspired Born This Way 110 city tour begins in Soeul, South Korea on April 27 and runs into 2013.
The “Poker Face” singer admits she’s worn out after working on arranging props for the show .”Been working like a crazy bitch all day. Need to smoke a joint or something, or maybe just a good punch in the face. PROPS PROPS PROPS,” she recently Tweeted.
The pop megastar will also play arena dates in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in June and July and the singer is tweet-hinting at adding more dates. We can’t (shudder, creaking doors, ghosts and scary stuff) wait. Brrrr.
Tell us: Did Minaj out-Gaga Gaga?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day