- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At Sunday’s Grammy Awards, Katy Perry made a surprisingly conservative fashion statement with her sparkly blue Elie Saab gown and turquoise hair worn up in a modern French twist with minimal jewelry. It was a much more mature look for the “California Gurls” singer, very recently split from comic actor Russell Brand.
Nicki Minaj pulled a Lady Gaga with a bright red cloak gown designed by Donatella Versace. She walked the red carpet, hood raised, while being escorted by a guy dressed either as the Pope or a bishop, making us wonder: is this the result of her new collaboration with Gaga’s former creative director?
Considering how little clothing MInaj usually wears, this was either a refreshing change or a major disappointment. “It’s this year’s Gaga egg,” screeched the overly delighted E! red carpet seer Kelly Osbourne.
Meanwhile, nominee Taylor Swift wore a pretty fabulous high-neck, puffed-sleeve golden gown — almost fit for Downton Abbey — from designer Zuhair Murad. “I saw it months ago and knew I had to save it for the Grammys,” Taylor told reporters.
Tell us: who owned the red carpet?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day