- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ Grammy fashion memo may not have had the intended effect, with many on the red carpet scoffing at its many restrictions. And while the network claims to have sent the same notice to nominees and performers last year, this year’s leaked version may or may not have impacted the fashion choices of Rihanna, Katy Perry and more.
“I know what Katy’s wearing, and it’s a doozy,” teased songwriter Bonnie McKee on the red carpet ahead of the show, adding that the leaked memo “probably encouraged her.”
As Perry breezed by on the red carpet, her long sleeved, full-length green gown actually seemed to — gasp — adhere to CBS’ modest guidelines. That is, until she turned to face you.
While the Gucci dress covered nearly every inch of skin on the pop star, a keyhole in front exposed a great deal of Perry’s chest. As the memo stated, “Bare sides of under curvature of the breasts is also problematic.”
Was Perry making a statement? Or simply making a fashion choice in line with the attention-grabbing garb we already know her for? Tell us in the comments below.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day