- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While rapper Nelly and songbird Nelly Furtado seemingly share little in common aside from their monikers, the duo have now hit the studio for the first ever “Nelly and Nelly collaboration.”
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter on the Grammys red carpet, the rapper revealed that the “Promiscuous” singer will feature on his upcoming album, M.O., due out in June via Nelly’s Universal imprint, Derrty Entertainment.
“The album is full of great collaborations,” he said. “Trey Songz is on my album, T.I. is on my album… Wiz Khalifa. It’s a great album.”
Nelly recently made his return to radio with the single “Hey Porche,” which debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in late January at No. 36. The song’s early success came as a surprise to the hip-hop star, who exploded onto the music scene in 2000 with Country Grammar.
“It’s kind of shooting up a little faster than we expected,” he confessed of the track. “We didn’t have the video ready. We just got the video ready and are getting ready to drop it.”
Fans can expect the clip to stay on par with the song’s automotive theme, with Nelly playing the role of a mechanic. “You get a chance to see something a little different,” he said of the forthcoming video.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day