- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beck took home one of the top honors at Sunday’s 57th Grammy Awards: album of the year.
The musician won the award for Morning Phase over Beyonce‘s Beyonce, Ed Sheeran‘s X, Sam Smith‘s In The Lonely Hour and Pharrell Williams‘ Girl.
Beck ushered his fellow collaborators up on the Staple Center stage and, among the typical thank-yous, sent a special shout-out: “I’d like to thank my kids for letting me keep them awake a little longer,” the five-time Grammy award-winning artist said, explaining that he had recorded the album from his house.
This year, Smith and Beyonce were tied for the most nominations with six, but Smith has more in the major categories. Still, Beyonce’s six nods have officially made her the most Grammy-nominated woman in history.
Beck previously won for best rock album earlier in the Grammys preshow ceremony.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day