- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
See More: Grammys: Best and Worst Moments
The unlikely pair performed a two-song medley of their respective hits, Hozier’s breakout single “Take Me to Church” and a special live version of Lennox’s “I Put a Spell on You.”
Hozier, backed by a full band, opened the set with a solo performance before introducing Lennox to the stage. In a glittery black getup, Lennox joined the newcomer behind the mic to sing the song’s dramatic chorus.
As “Take Me to Church” faded out, Lennox belted her own single “I Put a Spell on You,” with Hozier accompanying on the guitar. Lennox’s powerful vocals brought the audience to its feet in a standing ovation. Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift were among the attendees up out of their seats applauding the music icon’s return to the stage.
Hozier landed his first-ever Grammy nomination this year for song of the year with “Take Me to Church.” Lennox, a four-time Grammy winner, was nominated for best traditional pop vocal album for her sixth solo record Nostalgia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day