- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Her makeup also hit a heavy-metal note, with an emerald green-tinged hue and strong cat eye, courtesy of her longtime makeup artist, Sarah Tanno.
“We were talking about doing something metallic,” says Tanno, “but I wanted to add color and was inspired by the emerald Lorraine Schwartz necklace.”
Tanno pulled the emerald green color into Gaga’s eyes by packing on Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color ($25) in Mist. Next, same product in Caviar was smudged on the outer corners of the lids and into the lash line to “create depth.” The cream shadows were then set with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio ($33) in Lido.
“I designed that cat-eye shape for her,” says Tanno. “A basic smoky is boring, and I wanted to add something that would accentuate her eye.”
For the sharp cat-eye shape, the makeup artist used a heavy amount of Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil ($20) in Black.
“I wanted the color to be a pumped-up version of her own lips,” says Tanno of the soft, peachy color she applied to the pop singer’s pout.
Finishing off the beauty look, Tanno bleached Gaga’s eyebrows to keep the ethereal, silver-toned feel throughout.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day