- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Even when doing nothing, Chris Brown makes headlines.
The controversial singer, who was nominated for best urban contemporary album at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, was caught by CBS’ camera staying in his seat as the audience stood to applaud the category’s winner, Frank Ocean. Brown and Ocean were involved in an altercation over a parking spot at a West Hollywood recording studio on Jan. 27.
A police report from the incident alleged that Brown threatened to shoot Ocean. Later, Ocean announced he would not press charges.
The seated protest came just moments after the auditorium stayed silent when Brown’s name was announced as one of the category’s nominees. Due to the lack of applause, speculation arose that CBS added a track of cheers to its television broadcast. CBS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day