- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rehearsals for the 56th annual Grammy Awards are well underway at multiple locations around Los Angeles, which means details are starting to emerge about Sunday night’s all-star performances.
Among the surprises in store for the CBS broadcast: The Hollywood Reporter hears French DJ duo Daft Punk will don Star Wars stormtrooper helmets for their time onstage, which they will share with Stevie Wonder, Pharrell Williams and producer and guitar legend Nile Rodgers. According to a source, the masks look like they could be from the The Empire Strikes Back era and appear to be authentic.
The disco collective will run through a medley of songs that include snippets of Wonder’s “I Wish,” Chic’s “Le Freak” and, of course, the megahit “Get Lucky.” Also planned is a segue to Daft Punk’s “Lose Yourself to Dance.”
Daft Punk are up for four Grammy Awards, while their album Random Access Memories is also nominated for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day