- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Up for four awards, including record of the year and song of the year for her No. 1 smash “Royals,” Lorde will make her Grammy Awards debut after performing at the Grammys Nomination Concert Live!! last month. Perry will compete against Lorde in the song of the year category, where her eighth Hot 100 No. 1 single, “Roar,” is nominated.
Meanwhile, three-time nominee Thicke will perform alongside Grammy-winning jazz-rock veterans Chicago on the Grammys telecast. And Metallica will take the Grammys stage for the first time since 1991, when they perform with classical pianist Lang Lang, the Grammy Cultural Ambassador to China.
The artists join previously announced Grammy performers Daft Punk, who will be joined by Stevie Wonder, Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams; Pink, with fun.’s Nate Ruess; Kendrick Lamar, who will be joined by Imagine Dragons; and a special grouping of Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and Blake Shelton. LL Cool J once again will serve as the master of ceremonies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day