- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The snub came just after the comedienne was posthumously awarded the Grammy for best spoken word album earlier that day for her narration of Diary of a Mad Diva.
“I try and put a time limit on the ‘In Memoriam’ and just have to make choices at some point,” Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich told People. “No disrespect [was meant] at all. I actually knew Joan and worked with her from time to time.”
The stand-up comic and Fashion Police host — who was previously nominated for a best comedy album Grammy in 1984 — was omitted from the telecast’s sequence, though actors like Robin Williams were included.
“I think it was just that her Grammy involvement was certainly less than Robin’s,” Ehrlich continued, in reference to the fact that Williams won four Grammys. “There’s only so much we can do, and we have to make hard choices when it comes to things like that.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day