- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cover features a black and white cutout of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong‘s face, eyes crossed out with hot pink X’s, against a gritty, geometric, neon green background. “Green Day” is loudly splashed in hot pink across the top of the cover, while “¡Uno!” is sprawled graffiti-style in white in the lower left-hand corner.
The artwork was accompanied by a 30-second trailer that gives fans a glimpse into the making of the band’s new album trilogy. Each shot changes with the beat of the music, leaving plenty of opportunity for viewers to catch a look at what went into the record’s creation.
The trailer shows the trio recording in the studio, with bits of handwritten songs shown on tattered paper, and a dry erase board covered in what are presumably song names. Titles include “Carpe Diem,” “Crushing Bastards” and “Makeout Party.”
¡Dos! is slated to land Nov. 13, and the final installment of the trilogy, ¡Tré!, is set to drop Jan. 15, 2013.
Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day