- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A private funeral for Gregg Allman is scheduled for Saturday in his hometown of Macon, Georgia.
Allman died Saturday of complications from liver cancer at the age of 69 at his home in Savannah, Ga. He had struggled with many health issues over the past years, including being diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1999 and undergoing a liver transplant in 2010.
The Macon Telegraph reports the legendary rocker’s funeral ceremony is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday at Snow’s Memorial Chapel in downtown Macon and that it will not be open to the public. The newspaper states that the venue may change.
Allman will be buried at Macon’s Rose Hill Cemetery, where he spent much time in his youth writing songs and hanging out with friends. Allman’s late brother, Duane, is also buried in Rose Hill.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day