- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Gavin Rossdale gave fans a surprise on Dec. 8 at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Concert in Los Angeles: he stunned the audience by culminating a performance of the classic Bush song, “Glycerine,” with a duet with wife Gwen Stefani.
For those fans that didn’t catch the show live, Rossdale is now making the song available for purchase on iTunes.
CONCERT REVIEW: No Doubt Plays Surprise Set at Night 2 of KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas
The KROQ performance began with Rossdale singing the song’s first verse. Stefani later surprised fans by walking onstage to join in the second verse, much to the excitement of the crowd. Rossdale told Rolling Stone that “Glycerine” sounded “so much better” with the help of Stefani. He said to the magazine, “it would be so powerful, the two of us on stage, that’s what we went for.”
The moment commemorated the 17-year anniversary of when Rossdale and Stefani first met.
Rossdale’s latest album, The Sea of Memories, released Sep. 2011, is being promoted as part of the band’s tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day