- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If ever there was an organization whose creativity matched Hollywood’s, it’s the Obama re-election campaign. And just to prove it, Michelle Obama is teaming up with singer/fashion designer Gwen Stefani for a novel “Family Day” fundraiser.
The event is set for Aug. 12 at the singer’s Beverly Hills home. A family of four can join the first lady and their hostess for a day of child-friendly campaign fun for $1,000. A $5,000 donation gets mom, dad and the presumably Democratic kids additional face time with Michelle and Gwen — a kind of progressive playdate.
The Orange County-born and -educated Stefani has two young children of her own with English singer Gavin Rossdale of Bush. She recently has moved decisively into activist philanthropy, donating $1 million to aid children affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. She also has staged a series of online auctions of vintage items from her own fashion-forward wardrobe to benefit children’s causes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day