- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Five young actors have tested for the part of the King of Rock and Roll in Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Elvis Presley biopic.
Ansel Elgort, the Baby Driver star who is about to start shooting Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story; Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who appeared in Kick-Ass and Avengers: Age of Ultron; and Miles Teller, the Whiplash actor who will be in the Top Gun sequel, tested for the filmmaker last week.
Also taking part in the testing for the Warner Bros. project were British singer-songwriter turned actor Harry Styles and Austin Butler, who appeared on TV’s The Shannara Chronicles and has a role in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Tom Hanks is already on board the project as Col. Tom Parker, the legendary manager who controlled every aspect of Elvis’ life.
The movie is described as focusing on the late entertainer’s rise and zenith, with a major aspect being his relationship with Parker.
The lead role is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day