- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He can sing. He looks neat in pretty much anything, and he breaks hearts wherever he goes. It turns out the TV cameras love him, too.
Harry Styles kicked off his four-night residency on James Corden’s The Late Late Show overnight and didn’t look out of his depth.
The British pop star opened his stint with a sketch in which he was blocked in the CBS lobby by a gruff security guard. “You’re Harry Styles, sure, fine. And I’m Katy Perry,” the gatekeeper says.”If you’re Harry Styles, then where’s the rest of One Direction?” So Styles pulls out the big guns: He uses a patented 1D mind trick to unlock her brain and turn it into goo. When Corden tries the same stunt, it backfires.
Styles’ debut solo album Harry dropped last Friday and is sailing to No. 1 on the U.S. and U.K. albums charts.
The pop singer will appear on Corden’s show across four nights and will ride with the host for a special edition of “Carpool Karaoke” on Thursday night.
The singer also discussed his notorious stage dive attempt during an intimate show in New York the week of his album’s release and performed his first solo single, “Sign of the Times.”
This story originally appeared on Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day