- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo is teaming with the premium cable network to bring a concert special for their current worldwide On the Run Tour.
Filming for the On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z special will be done during the Sept. 12 and 13 dates at Paris’ Stade de France and will feature Beyonce and Jay Z performing more than 40 songs from their catalogue. It will air later that month on HBO.
“This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO,” said Michael Lombardo, president of HBO programming. “It’s going to be a night to remember.”
The On the Run Tour, which features 19 dates in the U.S. and two in Paris, marks the couple’s first time touring together on the same bill. It began June 26 in Miami.
The news comes as Beyonce is currently appearing in Beyonce: X10, a 10-episode series of four-minute segments debuting before new episodes of True Blood. She previously appeared in her feature documentary Life Is But a Dream, which aired in February 2013.
Jay Z’s Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film premiered on HBO in August 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day