- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are two things the blogosphere apparently cannot get enough of — Lana Del Rey and The Hunger Games. Now, the two have become one thanks to Chicago comedian Holly Laurent and the latest viral video du jour.
In a new found-footage clip, Laurant croons about The Hunger Games to the tune of Del Rey’s “Video Games.” The vocals are nearly a perfect match, while the lyrics are bound to prompt laughs from anyone familiar with Suzanne Collins’ trilogy, which is being made into a four-part film series by Lionsgate.
“Hunting in the meadow, Gale’s this guy that I know, he’s got a girl’s name,” she drones. “This district smells like rat piss, my name is Katniss, I’ll play the Hunger Games. I rock a bow and arrow, I hate the President Snow, he smells like a rose.” The two-minute clip features snippets from the film’s trailer, which stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth.
Watch the video below for the full effect. Also, see Del Rey’s original video here for a more complete comparison.
The Hunger Games cast posed alongside director Gary Ross for The Hollywood Reporter‘s most recent cover story, in which the foursome delved into the untold stories behind their high stakes franchise. Read the complete story here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day