- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Iggy Azalea is back on social media, and it’s safe to say she angered a few people with her remarks during a Twitter Q&A with fans about the lack of chart success with her Britney Spears collaboration “Pretty Girls.” (The tune peaked at No. 29 on the Billboard Hot 100.)
Responding to a fan’s remarks that “Pretty Girls” “flopped a little bit,” Azalea said it was out of her control, noting that she was just a featured artist, and without support from Spears, there was only so much she could do.
@rhuancesarr its difficult to send a song up the charts without additional promo and tv performances etc. unfortunately im just featured…
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) June 28, 2015
When blogs began to call her out on the remarks, Azalea doubled down:
@ThePopZone my comment is factual, it applies to any song. I dont have to suck the womans asshole 24/7 to be her friend, do i? bye girls.
— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) June 29, 2015
Huge hit or not, Azalea can now say she was featured on a Spears track — a dream a million girls would kill for. On to the next one!
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day