- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Music Group label Interscope Geffen A&M has acquired the remaining 50 percent share of the joint venture A&M/Octone.
With Maroon 5 as its flagship group, the arrangement was formed in 2007 and scheduled to conclude in mid-2014. Other artists signed to the Octone roster include rock band Flyleaf and hip-hop artist K’Naan. The label was headed was CEO and president James Diener.
“James and everyone at A&M/Octone created a fantastic home for their artists, and their commitment to that roster has been unparalleled,” said Interscope Geffen A&M president and COO John Janick in a statement.
Added Diener: “On behalf of the entire A&M/Octone executive team, I want to extend sincere thanks to Jimmy Iovine, John Janick and Interscope Geffen A&M for an incredible partnership over the past 6 years. We are also indebted to Lucian Grainge and the worldwide Universal Music family, who took exceptional care of our artists and projects throughout the relationship.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day