- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A representative for Jason Aldean said that the country star dressed as Lil Wayne for Halloween, after a photo surfaced of Aldean wearing blackface makeup and a wig with dreadlocks.
The picture, which first was posted by the website NashvilleGab, showed the singer dressed up in sunglasses, long dreadlocks and gold jewelry. Tyne Parrish, his publicist, said in an email on Tuesday that Aldean “dressed as rapper Lil Wayne for Halloween,” but no other statement or explanation was provided.
Representatives for Lil Wayne were not immediately available for comment.
Aldean is one of country music’s most popular performers, regularly selling out stadiums. The Recording Industry Association of America named him the top digital-selling male country artist in 2014.
The photo is below.
— Nashville Cream (@NashvilleCream) November 10, 2015
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day