- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The veteran actor stars in a new Nickelback video for the song “Trying Not to Love You,” playing a double role of two polar opposite barista masters. The band, meanwhile, isn’t seen at all in the clip, which premiered today.
In the video, Alexander take on the role of nebishy but sweet coffeetender Bud, who gets swept away in a fantasy of beans, bikinis and flying psychedelic coffee mugs upon laying eyes on ex-Baywatch beauty Brooke Burns. But he finds competition for her affection in the form of a cool rider doppelganger — a leather jacketed version of himself.
No stranger to videos, having previously starred in two of Brad Paisley‘s, “Celebrity” and “Online,” Alexander is also gearing up for another music-meets-visuals gig: hosting The Big Picture, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s tribute to Paramount Pictures on the studio’s 100th anniversary, taking place Sunday, Sept. 2 at the Hollywood Bowl and featuring composers Michael Giacchino (Super 8, Star Trek), Lalo Schifrin (Mission: Impossible) and Alan Silvestri (Forrest Gump). David Newman conducts.
For more information, go to HollywoodBowl.com and watch Alexander in Nickelback’s “Trying Not to Love You” video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day