- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeff Bridges & the Abiders will be the headline act at the 2014 Lebowski Fest, it was announced Wednesday.
The star of the 1998 hit The Big Lebowski will perform at the Wiltern Theater event in Los Angeles on April 25 to honor the Coen Brothers’ cult comedy.
Bridges, who is known for his musical talents as much as his acting, will play with his band for fans of the film, as they “drink white Russians, throw some rocks and party with an array of Dudes, Walters and Maudes,” according to a statement from the organizers of the annual party.
Hosted by Live Nation, the Lebowski Fest is a two-day event that began in 2002 in Louisville, Ky., and has since been held in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, Austin, Seattle, London and Edinburgh.
Along with the performance by “the Dude” himself, the fest will feature film memorabilia, music from the Kyle Gass Band (Tenacious D), special guests and a screening of the film followed by a signature bowling party.
Bridges played a country singer in Crazy Heart, and signed a recording contract in 2011 with Blue Note Records/EMI Music Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day