- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Lopez said she wanted to focus on her film career when she departed American Idol last month, and it sounds like she’s doing just that.
Her manager, Benny Medina, told Extra TV on Saturday that the pop singer is currently filming for a 3D concert film, which will focus on “the last few years in Jennifer’s life as she faced big changes.”
Following in the footsteps of Justin Bieber (Never Say Never) and Katy Perry (Part of Me), the film has the potential to earn box office gold with a 3D look at JLo’s sold-out tours with Enrique Iglesias, her two-season stint judging American Idol and — of course — tumultuous divorce from Marc Anthony, life with her four-year-old twins, and her young relationship with Casper Smart. Bieber’s 2011 3D film has grossed $98 million worldwide; Perry’s 3D documentary, which was only released last month, has already grossed more than $30 million worldwide.
Medina told Extra that JLo’s film will be called Dance Again, the title of her upbeat track with Pitbull and her world tour. According to her manager, the title reflects Lopez’s ability to get back up and “dance again” after life throws her curve balls.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day