- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jeremy Sisto is joining the ranks of actors who sing.
Perhaps best known amongst Clueless fans for his big-screen take on Coolio‘s “Rolling With My Homies” — you know the pivotal scene — Sisto, an actor of numerous film and TV credits including the ABC sitcom Suburgatory, Law & Order and Six Feet Under, is using his deep, mellifluous voice on a high-concept debut album entitled Escape Tailor.
Sisto wrote and recorded many of the record’s tracks in his home studio, and the result is “largely contemplative and downbeat, reminiscent of Jeff Bridges’ down-and-out balladry in Crazy Heart,” according to an announcement Monday. The album arrives Tuesday on iTunes, and Sisto has just premiered the music video for the first single, “Just Cuz.”
VIDEO; Jeremy Sisto on Reuniting With Alicia Silverstone
Escape Tailor is named after Sisto’s alter ego (well, Beyonce has “Sasha Fierce”), who has performed in intimate venues in New York Cty.
“He’s someone who lives wholly in the present, unburdened of social norms and deeply tethered to his own flawed humanity,” Sisto explained of his clownish character, who “people look through, like a lot of people on the fringes of society.”
Watch Escape Tailor in action below, and no, you wouldn’t be wrong if you thought he sorta-kinda resembled the Joker with an acoustic guitar:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day