- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Jackson‘s father, Joe Jackson, today filed a new wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician accused of involuntary manslaughter in the pop singer’s death, Reuters reports.
The lawsuit was filed in California Superior Court by Jackson’s attorney, Brian Oxman, and names the singer’s mother, Katherine Jackson, and his three children, Paris, Prince and “Blanket,” as nominal parties.
The new lawsuit alleges Dr. Murray wrongfully provided the powerful anesthetic propofol and other drugs to the 50-year-old singer before his death in June 2009.
Joe Jackson previously filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Murray this past June, on the one-year anniversary of the death of his son, but earlier this month a federal judge rejected a portion of it, which prompted Tuesday’s filing.
Jackson’s latest suit also claims that Murray interfered with possible evidence by having a security guard clean the room that Michael Jackson died in before the police arrived at the residence.
AEG Live, the concert promotion company that hired Murray to look after Jackson, was not named in the new lawsuit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day