- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DNCE frontman Joe Jonas is to co-host the Much Music Video Awards, it was announced Thursday.
Jonas will emcee Canadian TV’s biggest block party along with songstress Alessia Cara, while also performing onstage in Toronto his latest single, “Kissing Strangers.”
The Grammy-nominated artist and former frontman for the Jonas Brothers hosted the MMVAs in 2009.
“I’m looking forward to getting back on this stage, at one of my favorite events, to celebrate and to host the show with Alessia,” he said. Supermodel Gigi Hadid hosted last year’s MMVAs.
Other performers set to take the stage in Toronto for the 2017 event include the Arkells, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels and Lorde. This year’s MMVA nominations were earlier unveiled, with Canadians Shawn Mendes, Grimes and A Tribe Call Red leading the field with four each.
Close behind with three mentions each are Alessia Cara, Drake, Ed Sheeran (another former MMVAs host), Lorde, PUP, The Weeknd and Zeds Dead. The Canadian video awards show provides a platform for the U.S.-based iHeartRadio, formerly known as Clear Channel, which last year signed an exclusive pact with Canadian broadcaster Bell Media to launch its brand in Canada.
The MMVAs will air live on June 18 on the CTV and Much channels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day