- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Hollywood Vampires — the rock ‘n’ roll supergroup featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum — has announced its first live dates.
Fans will get to witness their combined star power on Sept. 16 and 17 at the Roxy in Los Angeles, when the collective plays its first pair of gigs. The Sunset Strip is an appropriate setting for the initial shows, since the group takes its name from a hard-drinking, exclusive club of ‘70s rock stars that included Cooper, John Lennon, Keith Moon and Ringo Starr.
Tickets go on sale Friday via Ticketfly.
Next up, the band has announced one other live date — a Sept. 24 performance at Brazil’s Rock in Rio festival.
Hollywood Vampires’ self-titled debut album is set for release Sept. 11. Aside from the core members, it features collaborations from Paul McCartney, Perry Farrell, Dave Grohl and even a spoken-word intro from the late Christopher Lee.
And in case you’re wondering what he did around all the rock stars, Depp contributed guitar and background vocals to the LP.
In addition to some originals, the band plans to cover some standards from the original Hollywood Vampires, like The Who’s “My Generation” and The Doors’ “Break on Through.”
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day