- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reports surfaced Thursday afternoon alleging that Justin Bieber was pushed to the ground during an appearance at Macy’s in New York City. According to WABC-TV, Bieber was greeting fans outside when an unidentified man jumped past a barricade, knocking the 17-year-old to the ground. Bieber’s security team then reportedly jumped in to gain control of the situation.
According to TMZ, the attacker was actually an undercover police officer attempting to protect Bieber from a rowdy crowd.
A spokesperson for the NYPD tells The Hollywood Reporter that there was no attack on Bieber, and that the crowd was “not out of control.”
“One of his bodyguards failed to follow lawful order,” the spokesperson explains, citing an order to move.
“[Bieber] was not even touched,” he adds. “The only person touched was the bodyguard.”
“This was a momentary, well-intentioned misunderstanding that was quickly resolved,” a rep for the singer tells THR. “The event went very well.”
Watch the original ABC video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day